Here were a few favorites from the past year: https://twitter.com/visitandy
- Pursue Meaning over Happiness. Meaning is contributing beyond the self. Otherwise, you need a reason to be happy.
- Saying No is comfortable. You know what you’re going to get. Yes, may not lead to better. But it will lead to different.
- Dealing with Conflict: Be direct and honest, Center yourself and avoid being reactionary, Be a mediator, Empathize.
- When anger rises, think of consequences. Take a mental step away and consider what you want for future, not present.
- Leaders are storytellers. They identify obstacles, envision a promised land, and connect reality. They inspire.
- Be a likable leader: humble, personable, approachable, positive, generous, even-keeled, and appreciative. That’s it!
- Fear is temporary. It will pass
- “You become likable when you do things that put others at ease.”
- Francona management on blending professional with friendship 1. I respect you. 2. I’ll tell you things you may not like but I will not lie.
- Action…. Action is the only path to truly learn something.
- “This might be as good as it gets. Let’s stop… and enjoy this.”
- To have intelligence is to be smart… To have wisdom is to have compassion.